Monday, August 31, 2009

Catching Up

Ok, so I need to back up a little and let you all know how this all started. About five years ago I was diagnosed with endometriosis. This is a disease that causes infertility and a lot of pain. I had been getting worse and was missing a lot of work. About two months ago I had a hysterectomy. This decision was a difficult one for my husband and I to make. We had support from our family, friends, and Doctors. I am now pain free and seeing life with new eyes. I feel like I have been given a second chance to live. Before the surgery Dan and I talked about adopting. We knew we wanted to be parents and because I wasn't going to be able to get pregnant we decided to adopt. I didn't really know where to start. I called people at our church and looked at things online. It all seemed so confusing. I finally just made a call to an adoption agency. I called one and they said they didn't have any spots but recommended me to Adoptions of Wisconsin. I made the call and was welcomed with open and loving arms from the beginning. It is a smaller agency and more personal. We are working with Claire, who is awesome. They sent me a packet full of info. for free, and let me get educated before making any decisions. My husband and I met some new friends through my mom who met this couple, Sarah and Keith, at a wedding of the daughter of my parent's friend. Did you get all that? Sarah and Keith are related to the mother of the bride at the wedding. Sarah has been helping me with all of my scary questions and calming my fears. She recommended that after we do our home study we use a referral agency so that we have access to more than one agency. I feel so much better knowing that she went through the referral agency and had great success. Sarah is now walking me through it all. Dan and I are working on the first step of getting the home study completed. Then we can start the process of looking for our beautiful baby. I know God has the perfect baby for us. I can't wait!!!! I am just so excited to share this with others. It makes me feel like this is all really happening. Thanks to all who are supporting us. We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment